Disney Cruise Line is considered a premium cruise compared to other family friendly cruise lines like Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. It's obvious that Disney cruise ships are full of fun features for children and adults but the pricing difference also translates into things that might not appear initially obvious like menu and entertainment quality.
Disney does not discount-period! Frankly they are a beloved and recognized world-know brand. Their ships and theme parks are in high demand and they don't have to discount. If you see online enticements for any kind of Disney deal run the other way!
The good news there are ways to make that dream Disney cruise more affordable. Here are 10 tips to help your family save on a Disney Cruise....
Have you heard about Adventures By Disney?
Cheryl Rosen is an amazing Auntie. She absolutely loves her hectic fashion career in NYC and thoroughly enjoys being single. The only problem is that love of her life lives in Ohio - her 10 year old neice Gaby. They get together for holidays and skype or email a few times per week. Still their limited time together is never enough.
To qualify for Free Disney Dining, your family MUST stay at a Walt Disney World resort AND MUST purchase a park ticket. The rule is that everyone in the room must be booked on the same resort and must be using the same type of ticket options. Remember you'll find Value, Moderate and Deluxe priced hotels right in Disneyworld so there is a room to fit every family and budget.
The Free Dining package you get is determined by the type of resort you stay in...
- If you book a value resort - you will get the Quick Service Dining Plan for free. You can upgrade to the next level of Dining Plan for $20/adult and $6/child per night.
- If you book a Moderate or Deluxe level of resort- you will get the regular Dining Plan for free. You can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for about $38/adult and $12/child per night.
Just like booking with any regular Disney booking there is a $200 deposit required to hold your package and that is FULLY REFUNDABLE AND CHANGEABLE until your final payment date 45 days prior to check in. That means that if your trip is dependent upon a free dining announcement dates, you can tweek or cancel your reservation and have your deposit fully refunded as long as you do so 45 days prior to travel.
For those who may be unfamiliar here is a short review of the dining plans that Disney offers. Remember anyone over the age of 10 is considered an adult:
1. Quick Service Dining Plan: This pland normally costs $37.58 daily for adults/ $14.32 daily for kids. Restuarants included in this plan are quick service or fast food variety.
- Two quick service meals (entrée or combo meal, dessert at lunch and dinner and a non-alcoholic beverage)
- One snack
- One Resort refillable drink mug, per package
- Each person on the meal plan will receive credits for the following, per day
- One table service or buffet meal, including appetizer (for kids 3-9 ONLY, at lunch & dinner), entrée, dessert, OR full buffet, plus non-alcoholic beverage
- One quick service meal, including entrée, dessert, plus non-alcoholic beverage, OR combo meal plus non-alcoholic beverage, dessert
- One snack from a wide variety of options
- One Resort refillable drink mug per person, per package
- Three table service or quick service meals:
- table service includes entrée, appetizer and dessert, OR full buffet, plus non-alcoholic beverage
- quick service includes entrée, dessert, plus non-alcoholic beverage, OR combo meal plus plus non-alcoholic beverage OR combo meal plus dessert and non-alcoholic beverage
- Two snacks from a wide variety of options
- One refillable resort mug per person, per package
As you can see, having a FREE Disney Dining plan can save your family some serious coin. Because this Disney deal is SO VERY popular, parents watch and wait for these annoucements. Hotel space sells out FAST...so you've got to be FAST...like Lightening McQueen fast to win this race!
Room prices at Disney Aulani begin at around $400 per night for a basic room. If money is no object to you or you are a Disney fanatic who has their heart set on staying here then you really do not have to read any further. Disney Aulani if a fabulous resort and you will have a wonderful time. If you're the type of family who needs to budget and justify spending that kind of money on a room then please read on...
Today's post was inspired by business guru Seth Godin. In his blog article he was describing business marketing options. At Vacationkids we obviously have family travel on the brain because when we read Seth's quote about the freedom of choice, our brains immediately jumped to family vacations.
This is obviously an important question parents need to know when they are considering taking their family on a Disney World Vacation. How do you know if a Disney World vacation is affordable?