Disney World just recently released their 2018 vacation packages online. One of the BIG changes ...adult beverages!
It's a tale as old as time - the beloved fairytale of Beauty and the Beast. 2017 will see the release of Disney's live action movie staring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens.
There's a lot of buzz online about the new Magic Kingdom after after hours ticket. It's is a great way to experience the Magic Kingdom for a few hours with minimal crowds and extra treat and bonuses.
If you’ve been searching for special ticket prices for Disney World admission, you know that they are hard to find. Disney rarely discounts park only tickets, with exceptions made for Florida Residents and active and retired members of the US Military.
Disney World Guests always need affordable transportation options and let's face it, Lightning McQueen is usually busy with his photo ops. Sure there is the Walt Disney World transportation system, but sometimes that just isn't fast enough. What if you want to venture off property to visit some of Orlando's other attractions?
There is no denying that it’s less expensive to stay an Orlando area property than staying at a Disney World Resort. And there are many very nice resorts and hotels in the area with beautiful theming, pools, restaurants and more.
Disney World Fireworks area spectacular, no doubt about it. Every visitor to the parks may have their own favorite attraction but everyone agrees, it's the Magic Kingdom fireworks that are one of the most memorable and inspiring magical moments. Experiencing a Disney Fireworks show is usually a high priority for many visitors.
Disney posts an entertainment schedule of all it's parades, fireworks and shows. It's a good idea to check this as you plan your daily itinerary for the parks. Also, keep an eye to the sky as far as weather is concern. Remember there can be time changes and cancellations due to storms.
As evening falls on the Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World guests are treated to the Main Street Electric Parade. Full of color, pagentry, music and the chance to see some of Disney's most beloved characters. Following the parade, guests are treated to "Disney Wishes". The theme of the show is the "power of beleiving" Cinderella's Castle is painted every color in the rainbow with laser lights timed with a synchronized soundtrack of Memorable Disney Melodies. The show comes to a climax with Tinkerbell's flight as the "real" Tinkerbell shoots from the castle spire above the heads of spectators on a zipline over between Tomorrowland and Main Street. The finale is a 15 minute breath taking fireworks show that will light up the night's sky as well as your heart!
Just as there are millions of visitors to Disney World, there are millions of opinions regarding the prime viewing spots for these treasured events. There are the Disney fanatics that will mark their fireworks viewing points just like the X on the spot of Captain Jack Sparrows Treasure map. Some visitors will gladly pay for prime seats to witness this extravaganza. Other folks will go out of their way to avoid the crowds.
So there are 4 aspects to the entertainment in the Magic Kingdom....
- The parade
- The castle light show with Tinkerbell
- The musical score
- The fireworks
You'll also need to consider your own personal travel needs and style
- Do you need to be in the heart of the action?
- Are you traveling with little ones? Seeing from strollers?
- Crowd tolerance?
- Need a seat? (folks often stake claims to public seats hours before the show)
- Budget vs priority?
- Park exit strategy- do you mind waiting or need to sleep?
- Shorter attraction lines while parade and Wishes is happening
Viewing Fireworks Throughout the park-
Disney knows the fireworks are a treat and priority for many of it's guests. The good news is that guests can view the fireworks from just about any point in the Magic Kingdom. Soundtrack music is piped thru the park so you'll be able to hear the music as well.
- Fantasyland - Just "BEHIND" Cinderella's Castle or around the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train
- While On attractions - Dumbo, Aladdin, Liberty Square Riverboat and Big Thunder Mountain are some of the favorites.
For The Full Effect -
- The HUB - It's the central plaza area just at the end of Main Street facing the Castle. The parade comes right thru this area. It's also one of the best spots to witness the full light show and Tinkerbell's flight. It's shoulder to shoulder crowded and you'll basically be looking straight up to see the fireworks directly overhead.
- Main Street USA - Again, great for viewing the parade, Castle light show and fireworks. You'll catch a bit of Tinkerbell depending on your perspective. Sidewalks here get EXTREMELY crowded during show time!
- Train Station Platform - Personally my favorite spot! Benches line the second floor here and look out over Main Street and the castle. It's a fantastic vantage point to see the full spectical, you can view the fireworks without breaking your neck and it's a quick exit. Just skip downstairs and you're right at the monorail station and ferry docks. Also a great spot for stroller size kids. They can easily see over everyone's heads with this bird's eye view.
Farther Afield -
- The ticket and transportation Center - This is located across the Seven Seas lagoon from the Magic Kingdom. You will be able to see some of the Castle light show and fireworks. Guests can also hear the soundtrack broadcast from area speakers.
TIP - Disney puts on specialty fireworks displays during Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. These events require an admission fee in addition to your park admission. For families who's budgets won't allow this extra splurge, do know you CAN still view the specialty fireworks without the extra costs from the ticket and transportation center dock!
- The Beach at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Recent construction has limited much of the space that used to be available here but still a great spot for a picnic.
- The Dock at the Grand Floridian - A decent viewing point with reflections off the Seven Seans Lagoon
- Resort rooms - many guests pay to upgrade to Magic Kingdom Park view rooms. These are available for guests staying at the Deluxe monorail resorts, namely the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian resorts. There is a Disney Resort TV channel in your room that will play the synchronized musical soundtrack.
TIP -Disney Room upgrades that come with firework viewing options do cost a pretty penny. They do make sense for some families with especially young children with early bedtimes, special event celebrations like a honeymoon or anniversary or guests who have special needs. Remember, you'll be paying for this upgraded view during the entire length of your trip. Your room view remains even while you're out enjoying the parks. For this reason, some of the "paid" viewing options work out to be more economical if seeing the fireworks is a priority for you.
Paid Firework Viewing Options -Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party- $49 per adults/ $29 per child 9 and under. This desert buffet takes place at the Tomorrowland Terrace with an upfront view of "Wishes". Tinkerbell will fly right above your heads as you treat yourself to a delightful selection of themed desserts prepared daily by our pastry chef including chocolate-dipped strawberries, chocolate mousse, seasonal fruits, cheeses, ice cream and Disney character-themed cupcake. Make a toast with sparkling cider or enjoy coffee, tea, signature lemonades or hot chocolate.
Firework Dining - These Disney Restaurants offer views of Wishes Fireworks. There are a few things to keep in mind here. Not every table will have a perfect firework view. You MUST make your reservations AS SOON as they are available 190 days in advance for resorts guests. These are PREMIUM reservations in HIGH demand. Plan your dining time about 1 hour prior to the show. Music is piped in to these locations...
- California Grill - Contemporary Resort (observation deck)
- Narcoosee's - Grand Floridian (observation deck)
- O'Hana - Polynesian Village
Inside the Magic Kingdom guests can catch some particial firework views while dining at the Crystal Place and Casey's corner which are located at the end of Main Street. On the other side, at the end of Main Street is the Plaza Restaurant. All of these establishments have outside tables and offer casual dining. The atmosphere will be crowded and chaotic during the fireworks. Others have recommended Cinderella's Table as a firework viewing restaurant. Bear in mind this venue is located IN the castle where the fireworks are exploding overhead so not the best spot in our opinion.Fireworks Cruises
- Private Fireworks cruises - Prices from around $250 per person. This is a great option for larger groups, something to check off your bucket list or a magical marriage proposal.
- Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise - $99 per adult/$69 per child under 9. Enjoy a buffet of decadent desserts, alcoholic and non alcoholic specialty drinks served in glow glasses and a party like cruise onboard the General Joe Potter Ferryboat. You'll sail to a perfect viewing spot in the center of the Seven Seas Lagoon. We recommend this option for old kids and adults.
- Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage - $57.50 per adult $33.01 kids 9 and under. Set sail from the Contemporary resort this Captain Hook, Mr Smee and Patch the Pirate. Enjoy cookies, snacks and beverage as you set sail for your prime fireworks viewing spot in the Seven Seas Lagoon. Upon your return, Peter Pan himself will magically appear for a meet and greet.
So depending on your own "Wishes" and priorities, you'll be able to determing the best way for your family to enjoy the firework extravaganza during your next visit to Disney World. Remember these facts just concern the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom parks each offer their own evening entertainment that will also brighten the skies at night. Remember to speak with your Vacationkids Travel Agent regarding your best fireworks viewing options as they help you plan your daily itineraries.
First, for a very quick recap - Disney Memory Maker costs $169 and gives you unlimited access to professional photographers who will digitally document your family's entire vacation experience with the simply swipe of your magic bands. Be sure to check out our earlier blog post What is Disney Memory Maker for more info and details.
Disney Memory Maker is like having your very own vacation paparazzi! So you'll want to take advantage of this red carpet treatment.