Tour vacations for families have been steadily growing in popularity in recent years. 15 years ago when we started Vacationkids the old guided tours out there were geared for either college kids or seniors. There really wasn't any guided tour vacations created specifically for families. If parents wanted to visit National Parks, tour italy or explore Machu Picchu with their kids, we travel agents would piece together flights, ground transportation, hotel stays and daily sightseeing tours. This meant parents would need to navigate their way and entertain the kids while still trying to enjoy their vacation.
Thankfully all that has changed. Now their are dozens of tour companies that offer guided tour itineraries specifically geared for parents who want to take a family tour with their kids.GAdventures, Adventures by Disney, Tauck Bridges, Intrepid tours, GoCollette are just a short list of the most popular travel companies offering family tour vacations.
Basically speaking, a tour vacation includes....
- A Tour guide (or two) that escort the group every step of the way
- All your Sleeping accommodations
- Transportation between itinerary stops
- Daily scheduled itinerary, activities and/or sightseeing
- May include some or all meals
Tour vacations for families offer parents a great many benefits over sightseeing independently. One important point to consider is that family tours tend to cost about 40% cheaper than trying to visit and replicate the same type of vacation on your own. Here are a few more reasons to choose a family tour...
- Everything is already organized for you. This means mom & dad can kick back, relax and simply become participants in their own vacation.
- Tours are created to be very efficient and this means you'll get to cover a lot more territory and get to enjoy more exciting adventures in a short amount of time.
- Family group tours offer an additional layer of security when traveling in numbers. Plus there is the added benefit of having a trusted guide with you 24/7. This can be crucial if you plan to travel to an area where you don't speak the language.
- An experienced guides can offer incredible insights and enhance the enjoyment of all of your experiences.
- Enjoy the camaraderie and companionship of other like minded families as you enjoy your vacation together. Family tours often attract parents and kids from across the U.S. and even from around the world, exposing your children to the added benefit of meeting others not just from the destination you'll be visiting.
- Tour guides are trained and experienced in bringing people together. They help facilitate both adults and children connect and create new friendships.
- Guided tour companies tend to bring thousands of people to the most popular destinations. Big numbers mean clout. This means companies that offer guided family tours get far more perks than indpendent travelers can get. This can mean one of a kind experiences like a visit to the vatican without a 3 hour wait in line or a private tour of Skywalker ranch to see how George Lucas creates Starwars.
Just like each and every family has it's own unique personality, so do family tours. Tour vacations for families can take parents and kids to just about every fascinating and exciting destination on the planet - From Alaska, to Asia, to Australia, to Africa and everywhere in between. There are accommodations to fit every budget from backpack camping, to typical hotels, historic castle suites to cruises.
A family tour can be as tame as a leisurely hike or as extremely and wild as repelling and riding the rapids. For many family tours it is extremely important to make sure everyone has the right fitness level when it comes to the activities you'll be participating in. Also many tours do have specific age restrictions. For example some tours are only availability for families with teens. Other family tours require a minimum age for younger kids to protect their safety and to insure the enjoyment of everyone on the tour
All of these different options in family tours can seem a bit confusing and somewhat overwhelming. This is why it is extremely important to work with an experienced travel agent. Think of Vacationkids as your trusted tour guide that can lead you to your perfect family tour vacation. We can be your trusted partner offering you the best advice and matchmaking your family to the tour that best fits your wish list, budget and needs. In addition we can offer important suggestions and help getting your family to the departure point of the tour that you ultimately select. We can also help you navigate the rules and fine print terms associated with most tours making sure all the decision you make are the right ones for your family.
Most organized family tours offer small group departures. As mentioned earlier, this is done for efficiently, logistics and to give travelers the quality attention each deserves. Because many family tours do offer smaller group sizes, they are ideal when it comes to traveling together with extended family members and friends. Imaging what it would be like to walk in the footsteps of your ancestors with grandparents. Can you picture future dinner table conversations after returning home from a safari together. Just think, the entire family can check the Eiffel Tower off of their bucket list all at the same time! Inviting others to join you on your family tour may also offer you additional discounts and savings too.
Because family tours do offer small departures, it is very important to plan your adventures at least 6-9 months in advance. Most family tours are offered when the kids are out of school so they do fill up fast. You can confirm your space with a credit card deposit and planning in advance will also allow you to take advantage of our free vacation layaway payment plan. Talk with us today and let us help you turn your travel dreams into a reality that you can share with your children.