A Hawaii family vacation is the kind of vacation where the memories are guaranteed to last for years to come. It is the type of experience that really bonds a family together. Hawaii has such an exotic feel and yet everything is so familiar.
When you're planning a Hawaii vacation with kids you will definitely want to plan for some beach time. The beaches here are some of the most beautiful in the world. But you must also plan plenty of time to get out and explore the islands. No matter what age your kids are, there are plenty of fun family friendly activities that will get everyone into the Aloha spirit. Here are 10 of our favorites...
1. Go Luau - A Hawaiian Luau is a traditional Hawaiian party or feast that is usually accompanied by entertainment. For many families, attending a Luau is on the top of their "must see" list when they visit Hawaii. Many hotels and attraction companies plan these events complete with delicious dining, music, Hula and even fire dancers. They are fun but often crowded and expensive. Remember your family can plan their very own Luau on any island beach. Pack a picnic, sing some songs and celebrate your time together as a family.
2. Go For a Hike - The Hawaiian Islands have some of the most unique mini climates and incredible geological features on earth. The options and activity levels are endless. The Hawaiian Islands Tourism board offers tips and maps so that you can safely hike like the locals.
3. Go Sail Away - Seeing Hawaii by sea offers visitors a very unique perspective. Several family friendly cruise lines offer sailings that visit each of the islands. This allows your family to covera a great deal of territory without the hassle of packing and unpacking. Simply wake up each day and go explore another island. If your family are land lovers and prefer a hotel stay, be sure to include some sort of sailing activity while visiting Hawaii. Even a simple afternoon of kayaking or paddle boarding will change your point of view.
4. Go Deep - So many of the most amazing sites of Hawaii are deep below the ocean. Allow some time to explore under the waves. Your kids will be facsinated and so will you. There are many marine parks for snorkeling beginners. If you're more adventurous, then scuba. If your kids are younger or you don't want to get wet there are aquariums and even submarine sightseeing options.
5. Go Flightsee - When you talk about changing your perspective and all the unique geographica features then a bird's eye view becomes very important. Hawaii is the perfect spot to splurge on a helicopter tour. There are many locations on the islands that are only accessible by air. This is why Hawaii is a favorite spot for so many Hollywood films that you and your kids will recognize. For a truly unique experience, try a tour and landing in water with a seaplane ride.
6. Go Back In Time - The Hawaiian Islands offer such a unique glimpse back into history. From Prehistoric jungles, to living wartime museums to Royal Palaces itineraries can be created to spark the specific interests of your family.
7. Go on an Adventure - If you're family member are adrenalin seekers then Hawaii offers so much excitement. Ziplines, rock climbing, ATV Tours, horse ranches, surfing and more.
8. Go Make New Friends - Humpback whales migrate to Hawaii from Late December thru April. Your family can enjoy Whale families frolicing and breaching in the blue waters. Chances are you'll also spot wild dolphins and sea turtles too.
9. Go Play - Whatever makes you happy, Hawaii is the perfect place to play. Whether it's a round of golf, sand castles or a ukelele there are just so many ways to play and have fun while in Hawaii.
10. Go Native - The Hawaiian people are truly proud of their ancestors and heritage. They lvoe nothing more than to share their Aloha spirit with visitors. Families love the experience of visiting the Polynesian Cultural Center to learn why Hawaiians are so very unique. No matter which Islands you visit your heart will be touched by the Hawaiian people and their ways.
OK, so we've said it 10 times now....GO take a Hawaii family vacation with your kids. There is so much to do and see no matter how old your kids are. Smart parents know if the kids are having fun then parents do too. Just ask on staff and we can help you customize and put together a unique itinerary for your family.