Often the hardest part of planning vacations for kids is coming up with a great idea. Finding a place that will be fun for the kids without being a torture for parents.
Here at Vacationkids we often hear words like...unique...adventurous...fun...unusual...interesting.. when we're asked to recommend vacations for kids that parents will love too.
We've decided to put a list of 10 awesome vacations for kids guaranteed to be fun, unusual, adventerous and interesting so here goes in no particular order...
1. Triange C Ranch in Dubois, WY - The Garnick family invites your family to come and learn the ways of the cowboys. The ranch offers specialized themed children's programs starting at age 2. Kids age 6 and older can ride and learn horsemanship. From wintertime tours of Yellowstone to summer time camp outs in teepees. Here family can enjoy nature on the open range under starry nights.
2. Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Washington DC - A perfect learning experience for school age kids, Washington is full of interests. From Monuments to Museums with most offering free admission. Here kids can see their government in action and history in the making. The Gaylord Resort sits right on the scenic shores of the Potomac with easy public transportation options to all the area sights. For Christmas 2012 they are offering a Christmas wonderland of fun with all of the Dreamworks characters children love.
3. Nickelodeon Family Suites by Holiday Inn, Orlando Florida - The owner and top management of this resort are all graduates of Barnum's clown college. Here you'll find Nickelodeon charater themed suites with some of the smartest and comfortably designed rooms in the industry. Specialized programs for kids offered here are Happy Gym, Hip Hop dance class, kids spa and circus school. It might be hard to tear the kids away from the waterpark to visit area theme parks.
4. Wigwam Motel Holbrook Arizona - This novel piece of American is an icon of Route 66. The motel consists of 15 cement wigwams that offer a 14 foot circumference standing 32 feet high for about $50 per night. The Wigwam Motel was built in the 1930's and is still run today by family of the original owners. Definitely worth a visit for the novelty and kitch factor.
5. The Plaza Hotel, New York City - This big apple landmark does come with a big price tag but it has one of our favorite family friendly packages based on Kay Thompson's beloved book "Eloise". Themed room by designer Betsy Johnson, Tea parties and spa treatments for one special little girl or a very special sleep over birthday party for six. A stay here lets you paint the town pink while your shop, sight-see, dine and discover broadway.
6. Great Wolf Lodges in Kansas City, Poconos PA, Grand Mound WA, Grapevine TX, Williamsburg VA and Charlotte NC - 84 degree year round, 38,000 square foot wet and wild water park is full of family friendly fun. There are separate park areas for toddlers and older kids along with rooms and suites to fit even big families.
7. The Breakers, Palm Beach Florida - Here kids can learn golf, tennis and croquet from the pros while the entire family enjoys a traditional, luxury ocean side retreat. A full service kids club and luxury poolside cabanas available where families can vacation in style.
8. San Diego California, Hotel Del Coronado- San Diego offers families year round beautiful weather to enjoy the Zoo, Sea World and Legoland. The Hotel Del Coronado can add to all this fun with kids and teen programs, surfing camps, Dive in Movies on the beach complete with campfired and smores.
9. Hawks Key Florida, Hawks Cay Resort - Fishing, watersports, diving, tennis, kiteboarding and the only resort on-site dolphin research facility in the continental US is all here for your family to enjoy. Specialty kids club programs entertain and teach children about the area coral reefs and the creatures that call it home. Enjoy all the Caribbean has to offer close to home without the need for passports.
10. Pocono Mountains PA Skytop Lodge - Just two hours west of New York City is a 5,500 acre mountain wonderland offering year round family fun. Here you will find the usual activities like hiking and mountain biking combined with more unusual activities like dog sledding, white water rafting, paintball, star gazing and wilderness survival classes.