Yes folks....the word on Main Street USA is that Disney will be bringing back their FREE dining program for select travel dates for this fall 2013.
To qualify for Free Disney Dining, your family MUST stay at a Walt Disney World resort AND MUST purchase a park ticket. The rule is that everyone in the room must be booked on the same resort and must be using the same type of ticket options. Remember
you'll find Value, Moderate and Deluxe priced hotels right in Disneyworld so there is a room to fit every family and budget.
The Free Dining package you get is determined by the type of resort you stay in...
- If you book a value resort - you will get the Quick Service Dining Plan for free. You can upgrade to the next level of Dining Plan for $20/adult and $6/child per night.
- If you book a Moderate or Deluxe level of resort- you will get the regular Dining Plan for free. You can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for about $38/adult and $12/child per night.
The rule is, as long as you arrive by the last day of the promotion, you can enjoy free dining during your whole stay!
Just like booking with any regular Disney booking there is a $200 deposit required to hold your package and that is FULLY REFUNDABLE AND CHANGEABLE until your final payment date 45 days prior to check in. That means that if your trip is dependent upon a free dining announcement dates, you can tweek or cancel your reservation and have your deposit fully refunded as long as you do so 45 days prior to travel.
For those who may be unfamiliar here is a short review of the dining plans that Disney offers. Remember anyone over the age of 10 is considered an adult:1. Quick Service Dining Plan:
This pland normally costs $37.58 daily for adults/ $14.32 daily for kids. Restuarants included in this plan are quick service or fast food variety.
2. Standard Disney Dining Plan:
- Two quick service meals (entrée or combo meal, dessert at lunch and dinner and a non-alcoholic beverage)
- One snack
- One Resort refillable drink mug, per package
This plan normally costs $55.59 daily for adults/$17.16 daily for kids
- Each person on the meal plan will receive credits for the following, per day
- One table service or buffet meal, including appetizer (for kids 3-9 ONLY, at lunch & dinner), entrée, dessert, OR full buffet, plus non-alcoholic beverage
- One quick service meal, including entrée, dessert, plus non-alcoholic beverage, OR combo meal plus non-alcoholic beverage, dessert
- One snack from a wide variety of options
- One Resort refillable drink mug per person, per package
3. Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
- This plan normally costs $99.97 daily per adult and $26.84 daily per child.
- Three table service or quick service meals:
- table service includes entrée, appetizer and dessert, OR full buffet, plus non-alcoholic beverage
- quick service includes entrée, dessert, plus non-alcoholic beverage, OR combo meal plus plus non-alcoholic beverage OR combo meal plus dessert and non-alcoholic beverage
- Two snacks from a wide variety of options
- One refillable resort mug per person, per package
As you can see, having a FREE Disney Dining plan can save your family some serious coin. Because this Disney deal is SO VERY popular, parents watch and wait for these annoucements. Hotel space sells out FAST...so you've got to be FAST...like Lightening McQueen fast to win this race!